Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30, 2009, 9:30pm

This was the date of my high school indie rock band's first gig. We were called Gargamel.
-
Things really aren't fair. Really.
-
How have I managed not to listen to Jason Moran until now. His approach to the piano includes so many genres and feels.
-
I often wish I played piano. Didn't have the kind of parents who would have forced me.
-
Stress. Like termites quietly nibbling at skull walls.
-
Listening to jazz is more like looking at a painting than listening to rock: you have to DO it.
-
New Lou Barlow album next week. EMOH was really good. I bet this one will be.
-
I live on a corner where a bunch of local kids hangs out. Makes me wish I had a corner growing up, though I kinda regret living on one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment